Tuesday, May 24, 2011

'Blackberry Brand Engagement'



I'm sitting in a cafe in Bangkok. I'm standing in the Skytrain. I'm just one of thousands in a mall. And every other man and his dog (correction: young girls, business types, nerds and hunks, as well as chunks) has his (her) eyes glued to a BB. A BB Torch; a BB Curve; a BB Bold

Conversations have been known to centre on where they got theirs from, oohs and aahs over the latest model and all its accompanying apps, and short bursts of silence as everyone reads the latest Tweet or whatever from a mate.

I must admit that when it comes to stuff like this, I'm about three steps behind the rest. It's not that I don't like snazzy-looking gadgets but eight-ninths of the time, I don't even scroll through the apps on my very modest phone.

But that has all changed. I now have my very own BB, courtesy of my son, Allan. Watch out BB people, here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment